Monday, September 1, 2008

My Sport


Swimming is my sport. There are numerous other sports which i enjoy watching and even playing, however swimming is one of a kind. Swimming is not only good for exercise and keep you fit, but it also helps u to relax you.
My favourite strokes are the free style and the breast stroke. I remember when i began to train, I found it challenging. However, your body takes time to adjust to every new sport you start to practice. Nonetheless, time passed, and training increased and now i must say that i can call myself a good swimmer. There are youngsters who are far more better than me at swimming, but i am happy with what i have accomplished.
The 2008 Olympics have just gone by, and one must say that Michael Phelps was one of the highlights. I was amazed when i found out that when Phelps attended his first swimming lesson, he did not get into the water for the sake of not wetting his face. Well now not only has he wet his face, but he has become a six-time Olympic gold medalist. What a swimmer! No one can forget about Dara Torres. She is a wife, a mother and has her own career, and she still finds time to compete within Olympics. Just amazing!
Well even though i will not make it to the Olympics, I can still enjoy the pleasure of swimming everyday. Oh yes, and i must not forget, maybe someday you might see me train not only just as a swimmer, but also as a waterpolo player, because Sirens are forming a girls team.

1 comment:

thegolden said...

Siren ahooooo :D interesting blog !
I added you to my blogroll -- issa be ready for visitors to rush into ur blog ;P -- feeeel the rush oooo , feel it in the air...:D